Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Pearls

I have 10 hearts and 100 arms. I feel too strong to battle mere mortals. Bring me giants!
- Cyrano de Bergerac

I love great quotes, don't you? My problem is that there are just so many of them, and I never seem to remember them for very long.

So, I thought I'd do something about my leaky memory and preserve some of my favorites for posterity. Since I'm such a TV addict, that's where I'll be getting most of these. And my best source? Weirdly enough, it's Criminal Minds. Great drama, even if it is about catching serial killers. Sorry if the source offends your sensibilities, but that's what makes me such an enigma - my eclectic interests :-)

I thought I'd try and make this a recurring series, so I'll be posting them on Fridays as pearls of wisdom to finish off each week. As a first outing bonus, you get two for the price of one.

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They are messengers of overwhelming grief and of unspeakable love.
- Washington Irving (by way of Criminal Minds, Series 5: Retaliation)

4 comments:

Viajera said...

That's a great quote from the show. Never seen it, so maybe should have a look. Love Cyra-nose, of course. ;) One of my faves is "Who taught you to hate yourself?" by Malcolm X. It relates to so many experiences in life, not only to racial issues.

Lenoxave said...

First visit to your blog. Your observations and anecdotes are pretty funny. Love the quotes, esp. Washington Irving.

I've always hated crying and sometimes I still do, but I know tears can be healing.

Looking forward to more posts from you.

Sirmelja said...

You've never seen Criminal Minds? Here I would usually launch into some taunting and teasing, but... the truth is I also started myself a few months ago :-) It's good though. And the quotes they come up with are often stellar!

So nice to meet you, SDG! And thanks for the comments. Please keep stopping by, and I'll try to keep putting out the posts :-) I'm looking forward to your new blog project. Definitely let me know when you've started up again and I'll pop over to visit.

niamh said...

I love that show - addictive! And yes a good cry is always useful.