Sunday, February 3, 2008

Small pleasures

I was invited to Sunday dinner with an American friend and her family tonight. My fellow (Irish) guest and I shared an adventurous ride in and back together. We had great fun traveling the byways between Kinsale and Innishannon when we got lost both getting there and getting back home. Dinner was a blast as well. But, I have to say that one of the highlights of the evening was seeing my traveling companion's genuine shock when she found out how old I was, and being told that I act 9 years younger than I really am!

Vanity, vanity, all is vanity. Does getting your ego boosted by something like this indicate a small mind?

2 comments:

Mica said...

I'm with you! There's nothing better than people assuming your about 10 years younger then you are. Take it from a newly-turned 40 year old! :)

Sirmelja said...

Does this mean we act immature :-)