Sunday, September 21, 2008

21st Century Plumbing

Is it too much to ask for that Ireland join the rest of the world and awaken to the joys of combined hot and cold water taps? Yes, Mr. Irish plumbing contractor, there is another option that doesn't include alternatively scalding and freezing the user. Lukewarm water. I know you've heard of it because, while it seems to be completely absent from bathroom sinks, it's definitely present in kitchen sinks (as well as in the tub/shower). Would it be that hard to use the same plumbing in the face basin?

I have to admit though that the Irish plumbing mafia aren't the only ones refusing to move away from The Dark Side. I've found the same situation in the U.K. And now I'm racking my brain trying to remember what it was like in Barcelona and Italy. Horrors... is this the case throughout Europe?? That can't be true, can it?

Phew! I just checked my pictures and Italy does have combined taps! So, apparently it's just us :-(

No comments: