Friday, October 10, 2008

Sign #523 that I am a sap

Tears in the eyes after catching a 15 minute RTE1 TV segment on JFK's visit to Ireland in June 1963, six months before he was assassinated.

The unaffected warmth, enthusiasm, excitement and genuine welcome evident on everyone's face in those old films. It reminds me why I love the people here and makes me sad for the loss his death was to the world. I have loads of images in my head of the grief his death caused in the States, but I never thought before about how people elsewhere must have reacted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please stop bawling, Ms. Sap. :) Are you watching the "How the Irish have Sex" on TV3? They have episodes on their website. Now THAT's TV!! ;)

Sirmelja said...

Hee hee! If I watched every show on TV here about how various groups have sex or in what inappropriate place they were having it, I'd never watch anything else! :-)