Thursday, May 24, 2007

Circle of (hair) death

Is it possible to brush too much hair from your cat or is there some sort of natural hair-retention mechanism so that only dead undercoat gets taken away? This question was brought home with much urgency earlier tonight when I decided to actually be a proper mommy and give The Monkey Cat a brushing, something I've gotten out of the habit of doing regularly. But, it is summer and I'm sure she's got some she needs to get rid of. Well, instead of using the regular brush, I used my new pseudo-torture looking tool and OMG! Wads of hair!! I swear, I didn't know it was possible for her to have that much undercoat. Is that natural? I'd have been afraid that I was hurting her, except she loved it! She just kept rolling around trying to get me to attack her with the circle-of-hair-death-device (COHDD) again and again!



Luckily I chose to conduct the hair-removal procedure inside the tub, because the fur was flying everywhere! I even got some in my own hair. This thing is efficient, I tell you. The final result was massive, and sort of icky. Sorry, but it was so amazing, I had to share :-)

No comments: